Apoorva D Patel
- Lattice gauge theories
- Renormalisation group
- Light-front QCD
- Quark-gluon plasma
- Quantum computation
- Languages of genes and proteins
- Black hole thermodynamics
| || || ||
In case you want to get a better idea of what I do, have a look at
my list of publications.
Here is my video lecture course,
Relativistic Quantum Mechanics,
as part of the NPTEL programme.
My work on genetic languages has received wide publicity.
Selected Conference Talks:
Education and Experience:
Awards and Memberships:
- Centre for High Energy Physics (2004 onwards)
and Centre for Theoretical Studies (till 2003)
and Supercomputer Education and Research Centre (till 2015)
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Professor: 2006 - present
Associate Professor: 1995 - 2006
Assistant Professor: 1989 - 1995
- Theory Division, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
Scientific Associate: 1987 - 1989
- Theoretical Physics, University of Wuppertal, Wuppertal, Germany
Research Fellow: 1987
- Physics Department, University of California (San Diego), La Jolla, USA
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow: 1984 - 1986
- California Insitute of Technology, Pasadena, USA
Ph.D. in Theoretical High Energy Physics: 1980 - 1984
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
M.Sc. in Physics (5-year integrated course): 1975 - 1980
- Associate Member of the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical
Physics, Trieste, Italy: August 1996 - December 2003.
- "Rajiv Gandhi" research grant for innovative ideas in science and
technology, 1997, awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific
- Associate Member of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore:
July 1990 - December 1995.
- "President of India" gold medal for topping the class of 1980 at
Indian Insitute of Technology, Mumbai.
My Ph.D. pedigree can be found
My page in the Silver Jubilee Reunion Book, Class of 1980, IIT Bombay, is
You can inspect my personal book collection
Information to contact me at home is
Return to CHEP Home Page
Last modified: 14 August 2014